Wednesday, May 16, 2012

God's Eyes

Seeing people with God's eyes. This is something that I was reminded of yesterday as I was looking at the facebook of someone I went to high school with. She was a party girl in high school and I had heard a lot of crude things about her. As I was looking at her facebook page, I was reminded of how much God loves her. I love when God does that. He smacks you in the face with how much he cares about someone when you are thinking of all the things they have done wrong. I'm sure God doesn't look at her and falsely see only good things, but he does see her hurt and her scars and the places where truth became twisted by sin and evil. He loves her so much; he loves her as much as he loves me. I have been praying that I see God's people with his eyes and am able to love them the way he loves them. That will LITERALLY change the way you view someone. You can't think of someone the way God thinks of them and want to gossip about them or tear them down or judge them or hate them. You want to show them love and mend their wounds and heal their scars and untangle the mess of lies they live in.

1 comment: